Building a membership website for your coaching and training business can be one of the smartest and profitable moves you make in 2021. Whether you sell online courses, provide coaching or training, it’s a great way to earn a stable and recurring income month in and month out (and never worry about lockdowns again). In this post, we’ll look at how you can go about creating your own unique and amazing looking membership website platform for your own coaching and training business.
Affiliate disclosure: Just to be transparent, some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we will earn a commission but there will be no additional cost to you whatsoever. This is how we manage to keep creating free content. We never recommend any affiliate link that will not benefit our readers.
Creating A Membership Website Is A Lot Of Work
If you’re trying to build a membership website on your own, you’re in for long days and long nights. There are many components you’ll need to look into. Here are some of them:
- Authentication: Each paying subscribed member will need login credentials to be able to access your membership website.
- Authorization: Subscribed members may not be allowed to visit certain pages or certain content based on their permissions or role. Depending on how complex you want to go, some membership websites have various membership tiers as well.
- Email marketing: You need a way to send email notifications or marketing emails to your list so that you can keep your members up-to-date on the latest or promote other products to increase your monthly earnings. Your email list is one of the most valuable assets to your business and would be super silly to give it a miss. You would need to integrate something like MailChimp or ConvertKit for this.
- Live chat support: You may have a feature to allow your users to chat with you (or your team) directly for any questions they have or support they need. Something like ZenDesk would be suitable for this.
- Funnel builder: You’ll need to build in marketing functionality to guide your prospects journey to becoming a customer through funnels. Something like ClickFunnels would be a great product to integrate with.
- Payment gateways: You’ll need to add in several payment gateways to allow your students to pay you monthly or yearly. You’ll need a plugin that can add PayPal and Stripe among others.
- Video Hosting: If you provide video courses, you’ll need to provide video hosting and storage. For this, you may need to integrate a player like JWPlayer or a YouTube embedded video file.
- Modules to organize content: You might have different video courses that should be organized and categorized in a way for your students to easily find and access it. You can use something like WordPress for this.
On top of this, you’ll need to ensure your pages are SEO-friendly so that your site will get consistent traffic via the search engines. You’ll also need to ensure your content is easy to navigate and loads fast to provide a great user experience for your subscribed members.
It’s a lot of work for one person (although it can be done) and it can get super costly to hire a tech expert to do it for you. Once created, managing the membership site is another headache in and of its own.
The Easiest Way I Know To Build A Membership Website
There is another way to build an entire membership website from scratch quickly and easily.
It doesn’t require a technical developer or you having to become one to build a membership website.
Best of all, it allows you to manage your membership site with ease so that you can focus on what you do best: Run your business!
So what is this secret?
The secret is a membership website builder called Kartra!
Kartra isn’t just a membership website builder. It allows you to build almost any type of website and can even replace your current website.
I couldn’t find any other tool that had a comprehensive feature list as Kartra for building membership websites.
The main benefits of using Kartra
Here is a list of benefits of using Kartra over any of its competitor platforms:
- It’s an advanced all-in-one software for creating almost any kind of website. It combines the best of MailChimp, ClickFunnels, ZenDesk, Teachable among others.
- You’ll save a lot of hassles and costs as everything you need is in the one place.
- You make recurring income from your paying subscribers every month. This would provide predictable and stable income (as long as you keep your subscribers happy!) so that you don’t have to stress too much on traffic and marketing after you reach a certain level.
- You can do advanced customizations. You have complete control over the complete look and feel of your website.
- It’s super intuitive and has a visual builder with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Plenty of Done-For-You templates to choose from (you can also create your own and sell to other Kartra users).
- Advanced marketing automation features built in so you can make sales and get clients on autopilot.
- You can drip content like a pro. This means you can make some of your content available after some time once a client subscribers.
- You’ll be able to see analytics info that you’ll really be interested in seeing. You can see how engaged your clients are, where they are dropping off and so on so that you can produce or tweak your content to make it even more awesome!
- The support staff are super friendly and can help you whenever you have issues. They have live chat support and ticket-based support. There’s also a training center so that you can learn everything about Kartra.
Would Kartra be right for me?
I’d highly recommend Kartra as it’s one of the best membership website builders available in the market right now. There are 1000’s of expert coaches, instructors and trainers all over the world that rely on Kartra for creating and running their membership websites.
Plans start at $99 per month. This might seem expensive at first, but you actually save a lot of costs down the road as you don’t need any external plugins.
In terms of whether Kartra would be right for you personally, I’d suggest to sign up for a trial now and see for yourself how it goes. They’ll send you tutorials and you should be able to build your membership site within an hour.
Go ahead and click the button below now to learn even more about Kartra!