If you run a B2B agency or if you’re a small business selling products or services to local businesses, you would know how painfully time-consuming it is to generate leads (and ultimately sales) for your business.
Earlier on in my own agency, I would manually go and find potential clients who would be a good fit for the service my agency provides. I would go to Google Maps listings, find local business owners, put their contact details in an Excel file and then cold email one by one. In addition to that, I would go look in other places too like LinkedIn an Facebook.
I then came across ColdReach which helped me automate pretty much 90% of all my lead generation efforts. This helped free up my time so that I can focus on doing what I do best; serving my clients!
In this in-depth ColdReach review, I’m going to thoroughly review the tool so that you can decide for yourself if it’s worth the time and effort for your own business or agency.
Just for full disclosure, I have invested in the software and have a level of ownership in the tool. It probably comes as no surprise that I would highly recommend this tool for any business or agency.
However, this will be a completely unbiased ColdReach review so I can assure you that it won’t be a sales pitch or anything like that. This will be a complete honest review.
What is ColdReach?
ColdReach is a online Cloud-based platform for finding B2B leads in any industry located anywhere in the world.
It was created by Walt Bayliss, who mainly focuses on creating software solutions for online business and agency owners for the last few decades.
There are limitless opportunities for the use of ColdReach. Here are a few popular use cases that current users of ColdReach are leveraging the platform for:
- Freelancer looking to provide services such as branding or social media marketing for local business owners.
- Realtor looking to get more referrals
- Printing companies offering to sell paper and printing equipment to offices
- Early startups looking to carry out market research for their billion dollar idea
- Reaching out to business owners without a website (or a poorly made website) and offer to build a website for them
- Reach out to companies and offer to provide photography services of their product line
- 3D modelers looking to provide architectural renderings to construction companies
- Many others I’m sure I didn’t cover
The great thing is that for most of these use cases, ColdReach users are charging well over $2K+ for their services. Even just one client, would more than pay off the use of the software tool.
Is ColdReach legit?
There are many tools out there that you need to be cautious of that promise the world and deliver very little, if nothing at all.
Thankfully, ColdReach is not one of them. ColdReach is most definitely not a scam and is 100% legit.
I can vouch for this as I am a user of ColdReach myself.
Having said this, it is still a fairly new tool on the market and is primarily aimed at people who want to reach B2B business contacts. This explains why there isn’t so many reviews found online.
The developers are active though and always looking at improving the tool. It’s easy to reach out and suggest improvements that you really need if it isn’t there.
There’s been a huge number of improvements made to the platform since I first joined and actually quite excited to see the future updates that are planned on the roadmap. I’m sure it’s going to be a gamechanger in a few months time.
Why use ColdReach for B2B lead generation?
As I mentioned earlier, doing manual B2B lead generation is super time-consuming and draining. Using a tool like ColdReach can be a real time-saver. This is the massive advantage you get with ColdReach. It automates your cold lead generation.
Here are some other benefits of using ColdReach:
- Save time and money generating leads directly without having to do all that other traditional stuff to generate leads like creating courses, eBooks, lead magnets, ad campaigns, etc.
- Hyper target the exact leads that would be a perfect fit for your offer. You can filter by location, company and even the 5-star Google rating of the company if you wish. This can help you increase the conversion of your leads to clients.
- Set daily thresholds and setup advanced email sequences so that you could generate leads on autopilot every single day if you wish without you touching a thing. This can free up your time to focus on your business and also relieve you of having to hire a lead generation expert.
- It’s super intuitive. There is virtually no learning curve. You just need to spend about 1 hour watching the quick walkthrough and then you’re off to the races. Your first set of leads can be generated today if you so wished.
One thing to keep in mind though, is that ColdReach alone will not be enough to do most of your cold outreach. You will need another email sending platform like Woodpecker.co or PursueApp to do the work of sending emails automatically to your leads.
Navigating and using ColdReach is super intuitive. There is no complex learning curve involved.
When you first login, you will be greeted with a portal that looks like this:
You won’t have any campaigns on the left like in my screenshot. They will start appearing as you add more campaigns.
As you can see from above, you can do 3 types of searches; Location-based, People-based and Single-based. I’ll go through them in a bit more detail in the main features section below.
When you run a search, you will start to generate leads within minutes. You’ll then see information about each lead, such as their email address, name, phone number, website, rating among others.
I’ve blocked out all the contact details in red for privacy reasons.
The main features
Here are the major features of ColdReach used for B2B lead generation.
Generates leads across many platforms
ColdReach extracts lead contact information from a variety of sources. It collects data from Google Maps listings, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It aims to help you find as many leads as possible compared to other B2B lead generation tools that may be out of date.
Find leads by profession
You also have the ability to search by profession. From what I know, it extracts this info from LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. You might not be able to extract email addresses, but you will be able to get their social media contact information which you can then approach them either manually or automatically using a tool like Zapier.
This is a People-based search in ColdReach.
Find leads in a specific organization
It is possible to find leads who work in a specific company. Works best if you’re targeting a major enterprise or corporation. For example, if you’re looking to target people who work at Airbnb for instance.
This is a Single-based search in ColdReach.
Hyper-target leads in specific locations for unlimited lead opportunities
You can target leads by specific locations. This lets you generate leads anywhere in the world. Although, it’s highly recommended that you find leads mainly from high income earning countries and that you target by smaller suburbs and towns. At least to begin with. There is much less competition (and less chance to annoy business owners) when you target smaller towns.
This is a Location-based search in ColdReach.
Integration with popular cold email senders
As of now, there are 4 cold email senders that integrate with ColdReach, namely; Woodpecker, LemList, MailShake and PursueApp.
Once you’ve integrated your cold email sender, ColdReach will automatically send all the generated email leads to the email sender and include extra info such as name, company, city, website, department, etc.
This is an amazing feature as it lets you send personalized emails and make it look like you’re sending a personal email to the business owner as if you’ve typed it.
I personally use PursueApp which is a newer cold email sending platform on the market. If you want something that’s been around for a while, then checkout Woodpecker. It’s for the more serious cold email marketer.
There are a few limitations that you would need to be aware of just before you commit to signing up.
- You are limited to the number of businesses you can extract leads from each month. Currently, you can extract leads from 1000 businesses per month. The number of leads itself are not counted as there could be multiple leads per business. If you need more than 1000 business searches per month, you would need to pay more. This is not a major issue though. I’d suggest starting with 1000 business searches per month and if you are able to get high ticket clients, then you can upgrade if you’re ready for it.
- Leads might not exist. I have experienced issues with emails bouncing since the email address didn’t exist. This isn’t a major occurrence though. However, just to protect your email domain, you may want to run the leads through a list cleaner of some kind. Having said that, I did notice a new feature in ColdReach recently where you can receive verified leads only. This is a new feature which I plan to test out. I’ll update here with my findings soon.
- You can only extract a maximum of 100 businesses and people per location. Unfortunately, this is due to the limitation of Google Maps. The best way to work around this is to go even deeper in your searches. Rather than searching for businesses generally by city, you can go deeper and search by smaller suburbs and towns. This lets you extract more than 100 businesses per city. From what I’ve heard, the developers are looking at other ways to work around this, so it’s possible that in the near future this will no longer be an issue.
- The tool only works for B2B lead generation only. For B2C lead generation, you would be better off looking into Facebook organic marketing.
You can sign up for ColdReach on a monthly or yearly plan. The yearly plan would be a cheaper option long-term compared to the monthly plan.
If you’re looking to go for the monthly plan, it would be $49.95 per month.
The yearly plan is $397 per year.
It does come with a 30-day no questions asked money-back guarantee so you can see if the tool is really worth the investment before really committing to it. I believe this applies to both the monthly and yearly plan.
Bear in mind, there is a limitation of 1000 business searches per month. This means you can only extract leads from a maximum of 1000 companies for the month. If you need more than that, you would need to upgrade your subscription as follows:
- 2000 business searches per month – $69.95/month
- 3500 business searches per month – $99.95/month
- If you still need more searches than that, you can reach out to me and I’ll work out a deal for you.
ColdReach has an amazing and friendly support team. They are always on hand to support you for any issues you may have.
When you sign up, you will be given access to another Support portal.
Once you’ve registered, you will be able to log tickets. You can use the portal to ask any questions or doubts you may have as well as report any issues or bugs you encounter.
Their response time is usually within 24 hours on business days only.
Once you’ve signed up, you can go directly to the Tutorials section and learn the entire platform in around an hour by watching and following the videos.
You can find this by clicking your name on the top right corner and selecting “Tutorials”.
When you first get started you will need to learn and setup a few things:
- Learn how to create a new campaign
- Learn how to configure a campaign to find you the most optimal leads
- Learn how to generate leads by location, role or company
- Setup your cold email sender to integrate with ColdReach
Final verdict – Is it worth it?
It comes as no surprise, but YES, it’s 100% worth it.
For it’s affordable price point, the ability to drill down by geographical location, as well as integrate with many different cold email providers, makes this totally worth signing up for.
If you’re still not too sure whether ColdReach would fit in your current pipeline, try giving it a go for 1 month at the very least. There is a 30-day money back guarantee so there is no risk on your part. The tool is super intuitive so there is no learning curve or anything like that. Realistically, you can start generating your first leads within an 1 hour of signing up.
Hope my ColdReach review has been helpful!