Are you wondering which online website builder is the best for your business? Well, there’s one website builder that has everything you need that will actually help you explode your business in 2021.
Affiliate disclosure: Just to be transparent, some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we will earn a commission but there will be no additional cost to you whatsoever. This is how we manage to keep creating free content. We never recommend any affiliate link that will not benefit our readers.
Who is this guide for?
This guide is for any business owner who is serious about growing their online business and taking it to the next level.
This includes, but not limited to:
- Digital Marketing Agencies
- Small businesses who are in the process of taking their business online
- Tutors and Teachers
- Yoga, Dance and Fitness Instructors
- Food Delivery Businesses
- Online Course Creators
- Bloggers with following who are looking to sell products
- Pretty much any service-based business
The Problem With Free Website Builders
What are some of the best free website builders?
If you’ve done a bit of research for some free website builders, you might see the usual popular website builders that come up in the list. Namely,
- Wix – A drag-and-drop website builder with a number of themes and an online store option. There is a paid option for more advanced features.
- Squarespace – Similar to Wix but has a learning curve and better customer support. There is also a paid option for the advanced features.
- Weebly – Very simple to use website builder with drag-and-drop functionality, however, a bit limited in functionality compared to the others.
- GoDaddy – The simplest website builder out there and get you up and running fast. However, very little customization and practically little to no SEO optimization support.
- WordPress – Perhaps the most advanced website builder available for free today. There is a learning curve initially as well. However, it’s best suited to blogging and wasn’t really built for the more advanced needs of a business (for example, adding a membership component). You’d need to purchase plugins to get it to do what you want.
So why shouldn’t you use free website builders?
The most obvious reason is the lack of customization. You can’t make your website unique and stand out. If you create a website with Weebly, then your website will look similar to many other Weebly websites out there.
The real reason, in my opinion and what many won’t tell you, is that you won’t grow your business long term with free website builders.
A real online business needs more than just a simple website. It needs tools and functionalities to capture email addresses, provide lead magnets, a way to automate email sending, sales funnels, checkout pages, upsell/downsell pages, advanced analytics, live chat support and so on. If any of these sounds foreign, don’t worry, I’ll get into the details shortly.
The point is, free website builders don’t provide these functionalities that would help you explode your business quickly. You would find yourself having to spend more time and money with adding plugins or hiring tech experts to build all this for you when your business does get to a stage where it can grow.
The next reason, which I also think is very important, is people will not take you seriously if your main website is built with free website builders. People can tell when a website is built with free website builders. And when they do, they are almost unlikely to do business with you. You might get some business, but it won’t be as much as a premium website. In fact, this article from Sweor shows that 75% of people judge a company’s credibility solely on website design.
And it’s not just your ideal clients, it’s Google as well. Google will rarely rank your business highly if it’s hosted on Wix or Weebly. If you do a Google search for top businesses around your area, you’d be hard pressed to find any website that has a weebly.com or wix.com in the URL. If you want to stand a chance to compete with other businesses like yours, then you need a professionally built website.
So in short, steer clear from free website builders if you want to build a serious online presence for your business.
So How Should I Go About Building My Online Business Then?
You’ll want to set your website for success right from the launch. You’ll want a website that looks unique to your brand and make it stand out so that it can attract potential clients/customers to your business.
In fact, you need to ensure your business follows these rules to increase your likelihood of online growth:
- Unique looking website that matches your brand and identity.
- Website optimized for SEO.
- Fast loading (pages should load within 1 second on a standard internet connection).
- Webpages should look great and easy to read on mobile.
- Website should be easy to maintain after it’s built. Ideally, the business owner should be able to easily manage the website themselves should they need to.
- Website should provide comprehensive analytics to study user behaviour.
- Provide as much automation as possible to reduce manual labor.
- Site should be setup for the future (ability to add new features and customize without breaking the site).
- Downtime should ideally be less than an hour (but it really depends on the type of business).
These are the general requirements you should ensure for your website if you want to maximize your chances of success online.
So how can we achieve all of the above even if we’re not so technical?
Here are 2 popular ways of how it’s currently done.
Build it yourself with WordPress
WordPress is free and open-source and perhaps one of the most popular website builders out there. However, it is mostly a blogging platform. It wasn’t built for online businesses. If you want to make use of it for online businesses, you’ll need to purchase premium plugins.
One of the best ones out there for creating beautiful WordPress websites is Divi. It gives you that drag-and-drop goodness that you get with the other free website builders.
That’s just for the website component. There are other plugins you’ll need for other parts of your business. Examples include:
- Email/Lead capture
- Email automation
- Custom landing pages
- Sales funnel builder
- Live chat
In addition, you’ll need to setup and pay for a domain. A domain is the name of your website (e.g, www.yourbusiness.com).
Bear in mind, these costs can add up over time depending on how many features you need.
There is also a learning curve you’ll have to put up with and possibly some headaches setting this all up, because again, WordPress was only built to optmize the blogging experience. WordPress wasn’t built for online businesses.
Hire a tech expert
You can hire a freelancer or an agency to build a custom website for you. The advantage of this is, you get a website unique to your brand without having to do any of the hard work. If you want to do it cheaply, then your best option is to hire a freelancer on Upwork. You’d just post a new job and let freelancers apply directly to you.
The disadvantage, however, is that you may have to keep relying on your developer if something goes wrong or even just for managing your website in general. Especially, if it’s a very custom-built website built from scratch. You’ll need to also ensure that your developer follows standard coding practices and provides quality documentation as you may not have the same developer working for you forever. Another developer should be able to come in and continue from where the previous developer left.
As a result, hiring someone can end up being very costly. Not just for building the custom website, but also for bug fixing and maintaining the site in general.
The Best Way To Build A Website For Any Online Business In 2021
The 2 ways above are commonly used by many businesses, but there’s actually an even better way now!
There is a website builder that can achieve all the requirements (discussed above) easily and without ANY of the headaches on your part.
You can just do what you do best, and focus on your business and your customers!
The best website builder available today is: Kartra!
Kartra is not only a website builder. It is an all-in-one platform for building an online business without needing to hire developers, copywriters, designers, or support teams.
It has everything you need to succeed online.
I’ve created an in-depth honest review of Kartra here if you’re interested to check it out.
Here are some of the features:
- Drag-and-drop page builder: Like all the free website builders, you also get a drag-and-drop website builder to create your webpages. However, you can do even more advanced customization and have full control over the look and feel of your website even if you aren’t a tech expert.
- Huge library of templates: There are thousands of templates you can use to create an amazing looking website so you don’t need to worry if you don’t really understand the best design practices of a new website.
- Sales funnel builder: You can easily build out unlimited sales funnel for any of your products and services and let your website be your best salesperson/marketer. Kartra is currently considered as the best sales funnel builder in the world. At present, it’s even better than ClickFunnels.
- Lead management: You can see all the required information about your leads in the one portal. You can tag your leads, or write notes. It’s a mini-CRM on its own.
- Advanced checkout system: You can easily create amazing looking checkout pages for all types of credit cards and PayPal. There are some advanced features as well, such as auto-convert currency depending on where the user is located (great if you do business internationally), ability to add discount coupons, setup recurring payments, upsells and downsells to increase sales and so on. See the video about it here.
- Membership portal: You can easily setup a membership site in minutes. This is the best way to service your customers who are on a recurring payment plan and provide them premium services. There are advanced features you can play with, such as membership tiers. The membership portal feature is especially great if your a coach, instructor or sell a number of online courses. Check out my post on Kartra’s Membership portal.
- Automated emails: You no longer need to sign up to any email providers like MailChimp or Aweber. Kartra has its own email management and automation system. You can create seriously advanced email automation funnels. One of the issues nowadays when it comes to mass email sending is deliverability. Many emails we send to prospects tend to go to their spam or junk inbox. In other words, your message would rarely be seen by your potential ideal customers. Kartra has one of the highest deliverability rates in the world with around 98% deliverability. This means that if you run a campaign, most of your subscribers will see the email in their inbox. You will greatly reduce the likelihood of lost sales.
- Calendar system: You can easily connect with your clients and let them book appointments whenever you’re free. The timezone will automatically convert based on their geographical location. The calendar system is so advanced that it not only allows one-on-one type of bookings (great if you do personal coaching), but also if you have a team of people (e.g, you have an online school with a number of teachers). Reminder notifications are all automated both for yourself and your clients.
- Helpdesk: You can create your own live chat feature or helpdesk easily. If you have a team of people, you can provide them access as well.
There’s actually a lot more features than what I’ve described above. I won’t get into it in this article and will break it down in future articles.
There’s no other platform currently that comes even close to Kartra and why Kartra is considered as one of the best website builders out there for any serious online business.
So why should you use Kartra for your online business?
Quite simply, Kartra simplifies everything for you and leaves all the advanced technicalities to someone else so that you don’t need to worry about it.
You can focus more of your time and energy into serving your customers and let Kartra handle all the marketing and selling for you.
Also, using a website builder like Kartra allows you to quickly get your business online. This is great if you’re looking to transition your business online.
Here are some of the benefits of using Kartra for your online business:
- You save costs. If you check the pricing, you’ll notice that their cheapest plan is $99/month which seems expensive at first. But bear in mind, that you won’t need any other integration (like MailChimp, ClickFunnels or ZenDesk) and you actually end up saving money for all the unlimited features you will be getting.
- Your online presence is built for the future. All the technicalities are handled by the team at Kartra. They will help to ensure your website is optimized for SEO and loads as fast as possible so that you don’t need to think about it.
- World class features that gains trust. With advanced features like the calendar system, memberships and funnels, your site will look premium and instantly gain the trust of any potential client. To them, it will look like your website was built by a high-end development team. Not only will you gain the trust of potential clients, but also Google. Your business will stand a chance of being ranked highly in search engines.
- A unique and beautiful looking website. Your website can be customized to look however you want and it won’t have that look as if it was built by a free website builder. Another trust gaining factor for your potential clients.
- Easier management. You can see analytics and information about your leads easily. There are many reports available for you to make informed decisions which can help to grow and potentially explode your online business. You don’t need developers to get involved. You can easily manage the website all on your own, even if you are running your business single-handedly.
I could go on and on about how great Kartra is, but it would probably be better if you experience it for yourself.
Kartra is currently offering a 14-day trial for just $1. I’d strongly recommend you go ahead and give it a go. Just play around with it and see if it’s the right fit for you. It could be the best thing you do for your business in 2021.
Click the link below to learn about all the Kartra features and sign up to their 14-day trial while it’s still available!